Link to video Live-Stream on Wednesday, 1/13/21 at 11:00am CST or 9:00am PST copy and paste into URL: https://www.facebook.com/MFHMLU/?ref=py_c
On December 27, 2020, Rufus Johnson departed this life in Alameda, California.
He was born on September 13, 1938 in Monroe, Louisiana to Rufus Johnson, Sr. and Emma President.
Rufus had two brothers Thomas and Jeffie Lee Johnson.
He was a 1956 graduate of Carroll High School. He played football and met his future wife, Marie Outz.
Marie and Rufus married on June 2, 1957. To this union were born three children, Ronald, Donald, and Veronica. Rufus supported his family as a career military man, serving in the Army 28 years.
He attained the rank of Master Sargent. During his tour of service, he was member of the 82nd Airborne Rangers and did a tour in Vietnam. He was also a Provost Sargent as a military policeman.
After retiring from the Army, he worked for the postal service in Alameda, California for 20 years.
Rufus was a proud member and sang in the choir at Bethlehem Lutheran Church in Oakland, CA; he was also a 33rd degree Mason who held memberships & positions in many houses in the Prince Hall Masonic Order in the State of California Including;
* Worshipful Master and Past Master of Monarch Lodge #73, Free & Accepted Masons, State of California, Incorporated.
* A member of the Most Worshipful Grand Lodge Recognition Team in Northern California
* He was a member of Regina Chapter #67, Order of the Eastern Star, Prince Hall Rite of Adoption, State of California.
* Past Commander-in-Chief-Victoria Consistory #25
* He was a 33rd Degree Mason of the Ancient Accepted Scottish Rite of Freemasonry, Southern Jurisdiction (2005).
* A member of the 31st Scottish Rite Degree Team where he was the Advocate
* Member of Henry P. Crabb Commanders of the Rite
* Excellent High Priest, Abyssinia Chapter #5, Holy Royal Arch Masons (2002) in Oakland, California
* Past High Priest Abyssinia Chapter #5, Holy Royal Arch Masons (2003)
* Honorary Past Most Excellent Grand High Priest, of the Most Excellent Prince Hall Grand Chapter, Holy Royal Arch Masons, State of California and its Jurisdiction.
* Eminent Commander, St. Bernard Commandery #4, Knights Templar, Oakland, California
* Honorary Eminent Grand Commander, Pacific Prince Hall Grand Commandery, Knights Templar of the State of California and Jurisdiction, Incorporated.
* Royal Advisor, Pacific Prince Hall Guild #4, Oakland, California
* Royal Advisor for St. Bernard Guild #4, in Oakland, California
* Thrice Illustrious Master, of Frank Anderson, Jr. Council #2, Royal and Select Masters (2011) in Oakland, California
* Honorary Past Most Illustrious Grand Thrice Illustrious Master, of the Illustrious Prince Hall Grand Council, Royal & Select Masters of California, Prince Hall Affiliation
* Companion Guardian of Lydia Court #2, Ladies of the Circle of Perfection
* Grand District Deputy for the School of Instruction-Northern Area of California
* Worthy Joshua (four times) of Nettie B. Pergerson Court #36, Heroines of Jericho of Oakland, California
* Illustrious Potentate, Menelik Temple #36, Oakland, California, of the Ancient Egyptian Arabic Order Nobles Mystic Shrine (AEAONMS), North and South America and Jurisdiction
* Past Potentate of Menelik Temple #36
Rufus will be duly missed by those who knew him.
Use the link below to create a VIDEO MESSAGE (Hug) for Rufus’ family.
A video Hug can be a funny story, a memory or just a few words of comfort.
To send flowers to the family or plant a tree in memory of Rufus Johnson, please visit our floral store.